Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GuitarGuy

Where do you get your music from?

12 posts in this topic

Let's say I used to be the crazy evil, who accessed my music through illegal means. After I know how it feels to pay to support your favorite artists, now I'm using a paid plan on Spotify. I did buy several CDs if I really love the track lists.

5 hours ago, Nyx said:

Let's say I used to be the crazy evil, who accessed my music through illegal means. After I know how it feels to pay to support your favorite artists, now I'm using a paid plan on Spotify. I did buy several CDs if I really love the track lists.

That's great you are doing that now. I never got into the illegal means. I have always supported artists by buying their albums. Plus I love the feeling of owning the CD and the artwork.

I can't remember the last time I bought a CD. I usually just listen to the radio or borrow friends cd's.

On 12/28/2016 at 9:50 PM, GuitarGuy said:

That's great you are doing that now. I never got into the illegal means. I have always supported artists by buying their albums. Plus I love the feeling of owning the CD and the artwork.

Back then, I didn't have money on my own and many of the artists I liked didn't have their works released at my region. It was tough for me as a fan, so now I'm happy that I can start supporting them properly.

I still buy a lot of my music from music stores. I just like the feel of walking into a store and seeing all of the CDs sitting there waiting to be picked up and looked at. If there is something that is too old then I normally go to iTunes to purchase it. 

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 7:39 AM, Maisie said:

I still buy a lot of my music from music stores. I just like the feel of walking into a store and seeing all of the CDs sitting there waiting to be picked up and looked at. If there is something that is too old then I normally go to iTunes to purchase it. 

That is a good way to do it. Only buying music on itunes if its not in stores. There are a lot of music out there that is hard to find in stores theae days.

On 12/30/2016 at 10:39 PM, Maisie said:

I remember some old cassettes and CDs when I was still a child, when I brought my Walkman and portable CD player everywhere. To do so today just doesn't seem right. If you still buy your music from the stores, how do you usually listen to them?

Amazon for MP3's or HMV for CD's/DVDs. HMV may be slightly more expensive, but there's a real feel to browsing the shelves, and I tend to find albums I didn't know existed and some real bargains in their discount bins. If I'm going to browse the music store, it is only fair to support them by buying there.

12 hours ago, Nyx said:

I remember some old cassettes and CDs when I was still a child, when I brought my Walkman and portable CD player everywhere. To do so today just doesn't seem right. If you still buy your music from the stores, how do you usually listen to them?

I still listen to them on my iPod or my phone, I just download them onto my computer by using iTunes. It makes it so much easier when I want to listen to music on the go. I still have a CD player though that I use all of the time when I'm around the house.

I rarely buy music. I can almost always find great music I love to listen to on Pandora. Sometimes I use iTunes, but I just find Pandora easier when I want to listen to music on my phone.

E-Bay. I just can't bring myself to buy a download. It would be like paying to listen to You Tube. I like the physical music.....the CD's. On a whim though, I will buy the occasional one from Wal-Mart.