Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GuitarGuy

Cleaning Robot

6 posts in this topic

Would you consider getting a cleaning robot for your house? That way you pretty much never have to vacuum or sweep/mop the floors again.

I probably would. Given how busy (and lazy) I would be with work, I was thinking to get a maid to help clean the house. A robot sounds like a good alternative, as long as it can clean as good as humans!

I actually got one two years ago. I picked up a second-hand roomba through Amazon, and they really are great. They don't remove all the requirement for vacuuming, but they pick up enough that you only have to go round every few weeks and do the corners or spots they've missed. It is also really good at pet hairs and for this first time since we got the cat, the floor is not tabby! It's not so good at pets, as the cat hates it. The only annoyance is cleaning the brushes out. That takes forever, and if something wraps round the rubber brush, the brush blades tear really easily and then it doesn't pick up so well.

I just wish it had been under warranty because it only lasted a year, perhaps because it was second-hand. I'm saving up for a new one.

I would love to have a robot cleaner.  There's only two of us and two cats but your wouldn't believe what comes off my floors.  We live on the coast so sand comes in every day and then the cat hair is everywhere.  I end up sweeping almost every day.  Are they expensive?

I definitely would consider that if I could afford it. Who wouldn't want to have all those menial chores taken care of for them? I don't know how far away we are from that technology, but I personally can't wait!

On 1/6/2017 at 2:21 AM, Mallia said:

The only annoyance is cleaning the brushes out. That takes forever,

So you're still cleaning the dirt from the floor, only it's not on the floor anymore. It's in the apparatus used to clean the floor. Doesn't seem worth it to me.