Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SandraDee

Do you go to the library?

10 posts in this topic

The title of this subforum got me wondering if anyone here still goes to a physical library. I love libraries, but I'll admit that I don't go very often these days. I'll have to make an effort to change that and go a couple of times a month. Do you think libraries will eventually become obsolete? I really hope not because I think it's wonderful to go to such a place and be surrounded by all those books.

I do visit the library often. I have one that is pretty close to my house so I go there a lot. They have so many books. If you don't want to spend money on books but love to read, go to a library to get books!  Unfortunately I do think someday they will be obsolete or atleast not many of them left with the way everything is switching to technology.

I don't think libraries will ever become obsolete. Many libraries these days offer more to the public than just books, so there will always be many reasons why someone would go.

I haven't been to a physical library since I was in high school (and that was quite some time ago...) but I do read a lot. These days because of my busy schedule, I find that I listen to more audio books than actual reading, but that still counts, right?

It's been awhile since I have been to the library. I should start going again sometime soon!

I haven't been to the library for a few months now since my library offers you to take books out online. I just installed the app and I can read the book on my tablet. I think this is so much more convenient because you never have to worry about waiting for someone else to return that book that you really wanted to read. 

57 minutes ago, Maisie said:

I haven't been to the library for a few months now since my library offers you to take books out online. I just installed the app and I can read the book on my tablet. I think this is so much more convenient because you never have to worry about waiting for someone else to return that book that you really wanted to read. 

How long does it take to wait for a book online or is it always there?

The great thing about it is that the book is always there, PizzaMan. You don't have to wait at all like you do for the physical copy at the library. I guess the only downside would be that they don't have ever single book that is in the library right now, but they are working on it.

I love to go to the library.  Since that is where I spent most of my time  before retirement as a librarian..  Just to walk in and smell the books is a wonderful thing.  Our local library has so much going on for all ages.  It's a wonderful place to be.  :)