Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djanana

Live performances

5 posts in this topic

Have you noticed that very few musicians can actually perform in a live concert with their natural voices? It seems the creative studio and auto tune have completely distorted the quality of music. What are your thoughts?

I have only been to a handful of live performances. I did think the musicians sounded great at the time. However, if I am watching videos of live performances, I am always disappointed. For some reason, recordings of live performances are never as good as performances that are recorded in a studio.

I am one of those musicians :D I usually use auto tune when I am performing live. It just brings more fullness to your voice and making it sound even stronger. This is the way the music world is going.

Live performances are getting less entertaining because of that. You know who the real musicians are when they don't have to use any of the electronic stuff to make them sound better.

Is auto tune simply limited to making the singer's notes always accurate? Some of the singers I would follow for life have proven themselves to be amazing in live concert without any supportive tool. I suppose there are times when such tool must be used, so I'm trying to understand.