Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sheldon

Seeing your name in print

8 posts in this topic

Have you ever considered writing a book for yourself, or even having someone ghostwrite it for you? I've written an ebook and it's for sale on Amazon KDP. I'm starting on my second one now and it's really fun and exciting to see your name in print out there. 

I have written many stories but I don't think I will ever publish them. I just write stories for fun :)  although I haven't written a story in a long time.

On 07/11/2016 at 5:20 AM, Sheldon said:

Have you ever considered writing a book for yourself, or even having someone ghostwrite it for you? I've written an ebook and it's for sale on Amazon KDP. I'm starting on my second one now and it's really fun and exciting to see your name in print out there. 

I've considered writing an ebook or visual novel, but I don't think I have the time to finish anything, and I can't think of anything interesting to write about.
It's pretty cool that you've been able to sell your work online though. What kind of book was your first ebook? How far along are you on the second?

Thanks 10KStars! It is pretty amazing to see your name in print, but it also leaves you feeling quite vulnerable because you're putting yourself and your work out there for people to judge and it's scary. 

I've been judged by the public before for writing I did online........many, many years ago........so being judged isn't the stumbling block for me. I just don't have the time to commit to something like that, when the payday is uncertain.

One of these days though.............

5 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Thanks 10KStars! It is pretty amazing to see your name in print, but it also leaves you feeling quite vulnerable because you're putting yourself and your work out there for people to judge and it's scary. 

Haha yeah, that's true!
I post my artwork online, and everytime I upload something, I always worry about what people will think of it.
So far, so good though.

I know that it can be super rewarding to get good feedback though too. When you're selling things, and people are liking your work, it makes all the stress worth it!

I've never seen the point in having someone ghost-write for me, as it is just another expense. There's not a lot of money in writing unless you are also prepared to market yourself and your book everywhere these days, and I'm really not good at marketing. I'd rather be writing.

I did have some work published in anthologies when I was much younger, and on a trip to the British Library some years later I did get quite a kick out of looking myself up on their database and seeing my name on record as an author. There's something very permanent about it.