Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GuitarGuy

Favorite kind of books

11 posts in this topic

What are your favorite kind of books to read?

I enjoy reading mystery novels and sports history the most.

I will grab any book talking about sports but biographies are my favorite. It is such a good feeling when you are reading a successful person's journey then using it as a benchmark for your own success story.

Edited by djanana

25 minutes ago, djanana said:

I will grab any book talking about sports but biographies are my favorite. It is such a good feeling when you are reading a successful person's journey then using it as a benchmark for your own success story.

That is very true about reading biographies. I don't read a lot of biographies but when I do it's like you said, it's such a good feeling hearing about someone's success.

9 hours ago, The North said:

I like biographies of musicians. I read the Kieth Richards book a few years ago and next on the agenda is Bruce Springsteen.

This one is legendary: https://books.google.com/books/about/Up_and_Down_with_the_Rolling_Stones.html?id=GFbmlEEPkG4C

You do love your music. I will definitely have to check this one out. I'm a musician but I don't read much biographies on musicians. I should do that though!

I've been bit by the personal development bug and for the past couple of years, that's all I read. I will pick up any book that promises to help me advance my career or personal life in any way. 

1 person likes this

On 10/28/2016 at 10:14 PM, The North said:

I like biographies of musicians. I read the Kieth Richards book a few years ago and next on the agenda is Bruce Springsteen.

This one is legendary: https://books.google.com/books/about/Up_and_Down_with_the_Rolling_Stones.html?id=GFbmlEEPkG4C

Thanks for this link; it will be such a resource when looking for what to read. I hear a lot of people mention that it is so hard for them to grab a book but I always tell them everything starts with a single step. You have to push yourself at times.

On 10/29/2016 at 5:09 PM, Sheldon said:

I've been bit by the personal development bug and for the past couple of years, that's all I read. I will pick up any book that promises to help me advance my career or personal life in any way. 

You might want to check out what Dave Ramsey does then. He gives financial advice on the radio and writes books in that vein. Google "Financial Peace University".

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎31 at 1:59 AM, The North said:

You might want to check out what Dave Ramsey does then. He gives financial advice on the radio and writes books in that vein. Google "Financial Peace University".

I will definitely check that out too. Although I'm pretty good financially I am always looking for more ways to improve and invest/make money.

I like reading about history.

I also like reading science related books. I have always been interested in quantum physics and I would love to learn more about it. 

I also like reading self-help books.

I like horror books for the most part. I tend to write horror stories too for fun. Ghost stories are pretty cool and they seem so real.