Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wrnetwork

Are We Near a World War?

12 posts in this topic

Lately, United States and Russia have been having a lot of tensions. Russia has been intimidating US allies and USA has been increasing military resources near Russian border. 

I hope that we will not have a world war, because it will probably be catastrophic. 

I hope that sanity will prevail and world powers will not do something stupid.

Thoughts?

Eventually I say that we will have a huge war unfortunately with how the world is going. Will it be nuclear? who knows but countries like Russia and Korea are doing a great job of using that threat to try and scare the rest of the world. Hopefully it doesn't happen anytime soon.

I second GuitarGuy's hope that it doesn't happen anytime soon because I believe the next world war will be the last one. To answer your question, I often get the feeling that we are on the cusp of something big and that it isn't going to be good, but I have no real evidence for that being the truth.

This is why I think Trump is a good idea. He doesn't come across as the type of person who scares easily and he isn't the type to be influenced by politicians who are. That being the case, I think he can be a better diplomat to countries like Russia because I think Putin does and says what he does because he knows he can get away with it. Because he knows that the political process that determines foreign actions and policies are dictated by spineless wimps, and someone like Putin is not going to respect that at all. Trump on the other hand......I think there will be a mutual respect between Putin and Trump that will do away with any possibility of war.

I hope no war is going to take place anytime soon because it would definitely be catastrophic. We will just have to get used to a Donald Trump presidency and he seems like a perfect match for Vladimir Putin.

On ‎2016‎-‎11‎-‎12 at 9:29 PM, djanana said:

I hope no war is going to take place anytime soon because it would definitely be catastrophic. We will just have to get used to a Donald Trump presidency and he seems like a perfect match for Vladimir Putin.

Me too. Things would be very scary in another world war. Let's hope it doesn't happen in our life time!

Honestly, at this point in life, I think we have too many things to worry about that feel like 'mini wars' already. Tension between countries is something that will always be around, so I hope these people are wise enough to concentrate on anything but war.

Wars on a worldwide scale are not beneficial to anyone, regardless of their political state. Why take over a country that you completely destroyed? It doesn't make any sense.

On ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎02 at 3:53 AM, Trick Shot said:

Wars on a worldwide scale are not beneficial to anyone, regardless of their political state. Why take over a country that you completely destroyed? It doesn't make any sense.

It's probably so they gain more power and can turn that country into their political beliefs and such.

True, but with world economies becoming more tightly interwoven, political ideals are taking more of a back seat in decision making than ever before. Nobody cares what a country believes as much as they used to, they care more about how much they're worth. That's what I'm seeing at least.

Yep. It's about what they're worth. I think it use to be the opposite but these days it's about what they're worth and could be worth.

One thing I know for sure, if we as a nation keep talking about war, and focusing on whether or not there will be one in the future, then we are contributing to the likelihood that there will eventually be one. Just one of the laws of the universe. What you focus on becomes your reality.