Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GuitarGuy

Breakfast

12 posts in this topic

What do you usually have for breakfast? Do you have a big breakfast? A small breakfast? Do you just have a protein shake?

For me it depends on the day. When I have to go to work I usually have a quick breakfast like cereal, muffins and fruit but on my days off I like to go all out and make a big breakfast. Pancakes, waffles, French toast, bacon, hash browns, etc.

I normally have a quick breakfast of cold cereal, oatmeal or a danish on week days. However, on weekends when we are not rushing to get my daughter to school, I love making a big breakfast that may included eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, gravy and biscuits. My husband also makes the best French toast I have ever tasted. So, sometimes he handles breakfast on the weekends.

2 hours ago, Janella said:

I normally have a quick breakfast of cold cereal, oatmeal or a danish on week days. However, on weekends when we are not rushing to get my daughter to school, I love making a big breakfast that may included eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, gravy and biscuits. My husband also makes the best French toast I have ever tasted. So, sometimes he handles breakfast on the weekends.

Ah yes you can't forget about oatmeal! It's been a long time since I've had oatmeal. I will have to try that again sometime.

1 person likes this

I normally don't eat breakfast because I'm just not hungry when I wake up in the morning. I know it's supposed to be the most important meal and all that, but I don't see much sense in forcing myself to eat. During the week, around mid to late morning, I'll have some yogurt or cottage cheese. On Sundays, I skip that and make a big brunch around noon.

4 hours ago, SandraDee said:

I normally don't eat breakfast because I'm just not hungry when I wake up in the morning. I know it's supposed to be the most important meal and all that, but I don't see much sense in forcing myself to eat. During the week, around mid to late morning, I'll have some yogurt or cottage cheese. On Sundays, I skip that and make a big brunch around noon.

How bout some protein shakes or fruit smoothies for breakfast? That is better than having nothing :)

22 hours ago, SandraDee said:

It's not advisable to skip breakfast by all means. Some protein shakes, smoothies or just some juice can help at times. I can either have a small or big breakfast, depending on my schedule and the day of the week. I love my eggs boiled and either or all of pancakes, beans and bacon.

I have never tried having beans for breakfast. That sounds interesting and could be good for breakfast. I might have to do that sometime.

I do not follow any strict guideline. Sometimes I eat breakfast and sometimes I don't.

I tend to keep my breakfast light, because otherwise I may feel sluggish. 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:41 PM, SandraDee said:

I'm with you SandraDee.   After years being made to eat breakfast  as a child, I find it hard to do so now.  If I could just have brunch around 10:00am, then a snack around 3:00pm and a sensible dinner around 7:00, that would be ideal.  However, society dictates otherwise. 

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I'm with you SandraDee.   After years being made to eat breakfast  as a child, I find it hard to do so now.  If I could just have brunch around 10:00am, then a snack around 3:00pm and a sensible dinner around 7:00, that would be ideal.  However, society dictates otherwise. 

7:00pm would be way too late to have dinner for me. I usually have dinner around 5pm.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, PizzaMan said:

7:00pm would be way too late to have dinner for me. I usually have dinner around 5pm.

7:00 is rather late to have dinner. However, if you had something small like a snack rather than a heavy meal it would be O.K.   After 8:00 is a no no for eating anything and I'm totally guilty of breaking that rule.  :)