Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Janella

Could You Give Up Sweets Forever?

8 posts in this topic

Even though I am a diabetic, I have always had more of a weakness for salty foods, pasta and fried foods instead of sweets. In fact, I think I could live without desserts and other sweets for good and it would not bother me that much. Could you give up sweets forever?

Never! Not in a million years. I love chocolate too much. And ice cream. And jello. In fact, I would be better of writing a list of sweets or desserts that I don't like because that one would be much shorter. I've been trying not to deny myself any of the things that I love, even though I'm on a healthier eating diet. This is because I've found that I'm more likely to lose control or willpower and end up binge eating if I deny myself too much. Instead I allow myself those treats occasionally but I do limit my portions to really small servings. 

No, I definitely couldn't give up sweets forever. If I'm being honest, the only food I actually like are sweet foods, and the only reason I like my birthday is because of the birthday cake lol. I don't eat sweets too often, because I don't want to gain weight, but not being able to eat any sweet foods would be super depressing.

Even if my doctor told me that I had to give it up I still probably would not. I just love sweets and that's one reason why I work out so I can have them and not feel too guilty. Every now and then we got to treat ourselves to sweets instead of eating healthy all the time.

Would this include fruit as well?  If I could have fruit, then I could give up sweets.  I do love a little chocolate now and then but if it involved health or money, there would be no question. 

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Would this include fruit as well?  If I could have fruit, then I could give up sweets.  I do love a little chocolate now and then but if it involved health or money, there would be no question. 

I think you would be okay with fruit. I don't think fruit counts as sweets. Sure they have a lot of sugar in fruit but fruit is still healthy for us so I don't consider fruit as sweets.

1 person likes this

I don't think I could give up sweets either. I've been working on a new diet for a while now and I've cut out a lot of sweets, but I still have ones that I make healthier. I guess I'd call them tricks. I substitute sugar for sweeteners when I can and use almond and coconut flour instead of regular flour.

Absolutely not! I can't imagine myself living without sweet stuff! I work really hard at the gym and eat healthy so that I can really enjoy my cheat day :D