Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The North

Video E-Mails

4 posts in this topic

We all know what Skype is, and some of us have phones where we can do visual calling. Two people seeing each other over the phone while they're talking to each other. But does anyone here practice e-mail video's? This is geared towards e-mail marketers, but anyone can do it.

I must be living in a different age because I have no idea how this works. If it means we record a video of ourselves talking and send it via e-mail, then I'm sure I won't do it. It requires too much time and effort. I'm also 100% sure my parents won't do it because they can barely use e-mails properly.

I don't do it. Text or voicemail can get my message across fast enough, and I'm not really a fan of video. My Skype has long been 'broken' if I am working from home (a.k.a. I'm not turning it on if I am in my jammies!) and I know I'm not the only one!

If you mean sending a video by email I can see several problems. If the video is included, a lot of email systems will bounce it for file size. If it is embedded from somewhere like youtube, many antiviruses or firewalls will block it immediately, and if an email from someone I don't know turns up asking me to click a link to play a video, well, I like most people won't do it because of the virus risk.

Anyone can do it North, but only if they have an e-mail provider that can support the file size needed for this. Like you said, this sounds like it's geared towards business use, not personal.