Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vinnie

Books on CD

2 posts in this topic

Do you ever listen to books on CD?  When I travel alone I always try to have a book ready to pop in the CD player in my car.  If I can't read then I can certainly listen to a good book or story.  I find some pretty good ones at yard sales and you can always check them out at the library. 

I don't tend to listen to audio books on CD, but I have a few audiobooks as MP3s which I have listened to. I find CDs a little unweildy and they can get scratched so easily, while if I buy it on CD I can copy it to MP3, listen to it while I am out and around, and not risk damage to the CD. Audio books are a little different to reading a book because so much relies on the narrator being good. A flat voice can make the best book boring.

The other thing is that they don't always have one narrator. Sometimes they convert the book more towards a radio play, and use different voice actors for different characters. I prefer books with only one narrator, but some people seem to like the multi-actor ones more. Which do you enjoy?