Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mallia

Binge watching

6 posts in this topic

Have you ever sat down with a DVD box set or netflix and just binge-watched a series, either from start to end, or the key components? It can be fun to do before a new season of your favourite show, or just to find out what all the fuss is about. The best excuse I've ever had for one was the sponsored watch we did for a sci-fi convention to raise funds for charity. 24 hours of Babylon 5, start to finish in key episodes, and you weren't allowed to fall asleep or leave. We raised quite a bit.

Aside from Babylon 5, I did that with Air Crash Investigation before the 2016 season came out, which might sound depressing, but it really is a fascinating series. So what shows do you binge-watch, or don't you?

After seeing Rogue 1 hubby and I decided we would have a Star Wars weekend and watch all 7 movies back to back.  This comes after a semi argument about the sequence of events.  We haven't done this yet but plans are in the works.  I look forward to it. 

I'm not really the type to binge watching dramas or movies because I can't just stay still all those hours watching one thing. Unless I really have nothing to do, I only watch 2-3 episodes at most in one day. It's not good to stare at your TV that long!

I've only done this once and it was with  American Horror Story. I had just found out about the show during the third season and I wanted to get caught up on the first two. I can't imagine watching something for 24-hours, though. I think my eyes would not be happy with that decision!

I have the habit of DVRing my favorite reality shows and watching them for hours all in one day to get caught up. Among my favorites are Hoarders, Sister Wives, Nightwatch and Intervention. Once I get started watching them, I simply cannot do anything else until I have all the recorded episodes watched and deleted so I can start all over again.

I have done it once with Criminal Minds and I didn't sleep for almost 36 hours because it was so addictive. I don't think I want to do that again :D