Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nyx

Pasta

5 posts in this topic

I think I've just found the fun and joy in cooking. After learning how to make simple ones like fried rice and fried noodles, I'm planning to try playing with pasta soon. What would you recommend to a newbie like me? What are your favorite pasta dishes?

Boxed mac and cheese would be a good place to start.  It's simple and all you need to add is butter and milk.  Spaghetti noodles wouldn't be bad either.  Then you could add butter and herbs when they are done or a jar of Rague.  Let us know what you decide. 

I love pasta, and I'm ever on the lookout for new ways to prepare it for my family. I would love to hear which recipes others here like most. For me it's Hot Italian Sausage and Tomato pasta. I would eat that everyday if I could. 

Yesterday I tried making tuna aglio olio spaghetti, but I think I put too much tuna. The seasoning worked well with the spaghetti, but the tuna was too bland. I had tried mac and cheese before with ready-made ingredients. It's strange how a simple dish can make you so happy!

A great recipe for beginners would be cream sauce with mushroom and broccoli. All you need is onions, mushrooms, broccoli, oregano, salt, pepper and cream.

Fry the onions in a bit of olive oil until they become softer, season with salt and pepper and a bit or oregano, add the mushrooms and broccoli, let it simmer for a while, then add the cream. Et voila :) Your sauce is ready!