Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mallia

Authors you miss

2 posts in this topic

With the loss of Terry Pratchett in 2015 and so many more over the last couple of years, which authors do you really miss? What about those who passed with their series incomplete or newly announced books? Do you think someone else should finish them, or should it be left?

I really miss Terry Pratchett's work, although given the last two books, I think I was missing the author before the man passed. Altzheimers is a filthy disease, and his writing just was not the same. I don't think anyone else could really pick Discworld up, as Rihanna Pratchett has a very different writing style and sense of humour, and while some of the fanfic writers have the style and are very good writers, they probably wouldn't take Discworld in the same direction he would.

Who do you miss?

I also loved Terry Pratchett. His book "Wee Free Men" was one of my favorites growing up, and the heroine, Tiffany, was just so inspirational to eight year old me that I've never forgotten her. My all time favorite quote comes from that book:

'If you trust in yourself, and believe in yourself, and follow your star....

....You'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning new things and weren't so lazy!'