Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GuitarGuy

Cleaning the cutting board

6 posts in this topic

How often do you clean your cutting board? Do you clean it after every use? Once a day? Once every few days?

I make sure I clean mine after every use. It's just easiest that way and you always have a clean cutting board after.

I clean my chopping by hand board every time I use it. But I put it in the dishwasher once a week in order to clean it more thoroughly.

37 minutes ago, Madzda said:

I clean my chopping by hand board every time I use it. But I put it in the dishwasher once a week in order to clean it more thoroughly.

I'm guessing that your cutting board is not wooden Madzda?  I clean mine after every use so it will be clean the next time I reach for it.  Once in a while, I will use a little soap and water and scrub it down good.  I have never heard of putting a wooden cutting board in the dishwasher. 

Do wooden cutting boards get more dirtier than plastic cutting boards?

No, but they retain more dirt simply because of the porous nature of wood. Liquids will soak into the wood, they can't soak into plastic

On 1/1/2017 at 3:43 PM, Vinnie said:

I'm guessing that your cutting board is not wooden Madzda?  I clean mine after every use so it will be clean the next time I reach for it.  Once in a while, I will use a little soap and water and scrub it down good.  I have never heard of putting a wooden cutting board in the dishwasher. 

I use a silicone chopping board. I used to use wooden ones, but since I switched to silicone, there is no going back for me :)