Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nyx

Tablets

5 posts in this topic

I still remember those days when I begged my parents to buy me a Samsung Galaxy Tab. Over time, I realized having an in-between tool isn't really what I need. I'd rather have specialized tools, all working properly. Do you still use your tablets?

I guess I'm kind of the opposite. I held out on getting an Android tablet until just this Christmas actually haha.

Before I always thought that I didn't need one because my laptop can do more, and my phone fits in my pocket, but eventually I got fed up with my phone's smaller screen size and my laptop's long loading times.

It's pretty handy for when I just want to look something up, or respond to an e-mail or something like that. It also has more internal storage than my phone, so I like that too.

I have never gotten into the tablets. I see no need for them. Why not just have a laptop instead? They would be much better than a tablet.

I'm probably the odd one out because I do use a tablet. I have an old e-ink tablet that runs linux, and that I use on trains because it is smaller than a laptop and better for my eyes for reading. I was very upset when they discontinued them, and I don't think I will buy a standard tablet when it finally gives up the ghost. I'll just stick with the laptop as the shiny tablet screens can be a real pain to read, and for some reason the touch screens never work properly for me.

I actually have both a laptop and a Surface Pro. I find that it is easier for me to do most of my work on my laptop unless I need to go somewhere. That's where the tablet comes in. Plus, I like to read books on my tablet because it's easier to hold onto.